25 Incredible Midcentury Modern Kitchens to Delight the Senses
When it comes to creating a beautiful and stylish space for cooking, a midcentury modern
When it comes to creating a beautiful and stylish space for cooking, a midcentury modern kitchen is a classic style that is completely on-trend. Midcentury style is characterized by clean lines and a dash of warmth thanks to the use of wood and a splash of color or graphic pattern. We have put together a collection of fabulous midcentury modern kitchen designs for you below to help inspire you to bring this style into your own home.
If you have an older midcentury home or ranch house, these fresh ideas will help to inspire you in your renovation process. Below each image, you will find further information and sources such as who the architect or designer was for the project if you would like to get in touch with them for further information or to assist you with your next project.
Get inspired and don’t forget to let us know which one of these midcentury modern kitchens most inspired you and why in the Comments below! Don’t forget to save your favorites to Pinterest and please give follow One Kindesign on Pinterest while you are there!
Note: Be sure to check out this inspiring feature article on 37 Amazing mid-century modern bathrooms to soak your senses.
1. This project includes a mid-century kitchen remodel of a property in Los Angeles, California. The counter stools are from Cost Plus World Market. For the backsplash, the 3″x12″ handmade ceramic tile manufacturer is SETTECENTO and the collection is the New Yorker. (via Michelle Lord Interiors)
2. The cabinets are built using a Walnut veneer with a clear lacquer gloss finish. Countertops are Carrara Marble for the island and Absolute Black Granite from the perimeter, both are honed. The flooring is engineered quarter sawn white oak with a custom white bleach stain. (via Above Construction)
3. The cabinets are Flat-sawn walnut with a clear stain, while the countertops, backsplash and floating shelves, are white Carerra marble. Wall cabinets are Cliffside Gray in Satin finish by Benjamin Moore. The island stools are Bertoia barstools with custom cushions. Pendant lights are by Bocci lighting. Floors are oak. See the rest of this home tour here: Fabulous family home renovation in San Francisco. (via Jennifer Weiss Architecture)
4. The backsplash tiles are a glass tile called Waveline by Island Stone. Countertops are engineered white quartz. The floor is a wood-plank ceramic tile, which is very durable for pets. The wallpaper over the bar area is by Orla Kiely. (via Becca Stephens Interiors)
5. In this mid-century kitchen, the cabinet material is bamboo from Crystal Cabinets. Countertops are Caesarstone in the color Blizzard, while the back-painted glass backsplash is from Dream Walls Color Glass in the color lime green. Island dimensions: 116″ x 42″. Bar stools and cushions were sourced from Bend Goods. The floor tiles are porcelain tiles from Happy Floors, the model is Bambu (these tiles are simple to clean, hides dirt and dust well, slip-resistant, bright, and affordable). Providing shade to this space are windows treatments by MechoShades. (via Urbanism Designs)
6. In a Northern California home, this mid-century home features a beautiful remodel. The kitchen cabinets are all by Leicht. The dark charcoal is a concrete finish. The windows used on this project are from Fleetwood. See the rest of this home tour here: Midcentury modern house gets an inspiring makeover in Northern California. (via Amy Friedberg Design)
7. In this mid-century kitchen in Phoenix, Arizona features custom cabinets that are quarter sawn white oak. The quartz countertops are in the color Frost, sourced from Arizona Tile. The backsplash tile is Heath Ceramics – New Oswago Green. To provide shade to this space, the curtains are a natural linen blend. (via Prideaux Design)
8. A mid-century kitchen in San Francisco features a bright and airy remodel. The wood used for the cabinets is walnut. The backsplash tile is Ann Sacks Savoy penny rounds in cornflower blue. (via Sogno Design Group)
9. The countertops of this Long Beach, California mid-century cottage kitchen are a hard-wearing, easy-to-clean Cambria engineered quartz. Custom cabinets are by Executive, while the door style is Shaker Single Panel in Maple with a Bright White paint finish. The flooring is a stunning, hard-wearing engineered wood material. On the ceiling, the paint color is White Fever (DEW345) in Eggshell — giving it a clean, crisp feeling. Walls are painted in Cream Wave (DE5198) in Eggshell. (via Morey Remodeling Group)
10. Mid-century modern kitchen design in Seattle with dark wood cabinetry and marble countertops. The kitchen island features a Calacatta Quartz slab breakfast bar with white barstools. The range is a Wolf. (via Seattle Staged to Sell and Design)
11. A classic Eichler home in San Jose, California features this 140 square foot, 10’x14′ kitchen. The wall cabinets are engineered floor-to-ceiling cabinets with a walnut trim (no stain). The countertops and integrated sink are Krion by Porcelanosa (antibacterial and durable). Backsplash tile is from Heath Ceramics, half hex in a braided pattern. The island measures 8’x4′ with a book-matched walnut. Counter stools are sourced from BluDot. VCT flooring (luxury vinyl tile made to look like concrete) is from Armstrong. (via Urbanism Designs)
12. This small cozy mid-century kitchen remodel is located in Los Angeles, California. The cabinets were made by Executive Cabinetry. The tile is by ModCraft. The name of the tile is “Hudson” and the color is Midnight Blue. (via Kimberly Demmy Design)
13. This San Francisco Bay Area home features a renovated mid-century kitchen that is bright and airy. The wood on the face of the island is walnut. (via Quinn Morgan Design)
14. This midcentury modern kitchen in Rancho Mirage, California features white slab front cabinets, open shelving, white subway tile backsplash, chrome hardware, and walnut flooring. The pendant lights are the Thomas O’Brien Hicks 2-Light Pendant, Bronze/Antique Brass Accents from Visual Comfort. The barstools are modern chrome wire counter stools. (via Brittany Stiles Design)
15. An updated midcentury modern in Portland, Oregon features Calacatta Nuvo Caesarstone countertops, while the backsplash tile is Settecento New Yorker Bright White 3″ x 12″. Cabinets are Brentwood Flat Panel Thermofoil in 107 White High Gloss. Cabinet hardware is Berenson Cabinet Pull 3″x0.75″x1.75″, Brushed Nickel. The counter stools are from Room and Board – Lira Counter Stool. Wall paint color is Miller Paint – White 15801. (via Garrison Hullinger Interior Design)
16. This open kitchen features a stunning organic aesthetic. Black painted cabinets contrast beautifully with white engineered quartz countertops. See the rest of this inspiring home tour here: Split-level mid-century ranch home gets fabulous facelift. (via Jessica Helgerson Interior Design)
17. A midcentury kitchen in Las Vegas, Nevada features custom walnut wood cabinetry. The extended island top is also walnut, while the other countertops are quartzite. The island table accent chairs are the Eames Molded Side Chair with Eiffel Tower Base. The pendant lights are the Powell Street pendant from Tech Lighting. (via BUNNYFiSH studio)
18. This midcentury kitchen measures 10 feet by 18 feet. The island is 44″ by 96″. The sink faucet is by Brizo. The model is “Solna”. (via Balodemas Architects)
19. Atomic Ranch home in Creve Coeur, Missouri was built in the 1970s and was purchased and updated by an architect and his family. The island chairs are by Kartell. The lighting pendants over the island are by Tom Dixon and were found at Centro in St. Louis, MI. Appliances were collected as they found them on sale and were stored until the time was right. The flooring is white oak with a white stain, sourced from Champion Floor Company. (via Mitchell Wall Architecture and Design)
20. This midcentury home just outside of Boston is called the “deck house”. In the kitchen, an update features a lighter and more modern place to gather. Two-toned shaker cabinetry is by Executive Cabinetry. The hood is by Vent-a-Hood, while the countertops are Cambria and the floor tile is by Daltile. (via WatchCity Kitchens LLC)
21. From the streamlined, open-concept layout to a watery blue Escher tile backsplash, this sleek kitchen channels midcentury modern style in more ways than one. The backsplash tile is the Adriatic Sea by Fireclay Tile. (via The Inside Story Design)
22. The cabinets of this Lincoln, Massachusetts kitchen are painted in Benjamin Moore, Black Pepper 2130-40. The finish on the cabinets is a catalyzed polyurethane paint in a matte sheen. The backsplash tile is Heath Ceramics in Dimensional Oval. The color is Chalk and its a matte finish. The countertops are Pental Quartz Chroma Super White. See the rest of this amazing home tour here: Mid-century modern remodel in Massachusetts opens to the outdoors. (via Flavin Architects)
23. This midcentury modern kitchen in San Diego, California features a waterfall island composed of white marble and rich gray veining matched with blue cabinetry. The stone on the wall is TundraBrick – Latigo from Eldorado Stone. A similar light fixture above the island is the Doolin 8 – Light Sputnik Modern Linear Chandelier from All Modern. (via Eldorado Stone)
24. A midcentury kitchen in Austin, Texas features cabinets painted in Ellie Gray SW 7650 – Sherwin-Williams. The waterfall island countertop is quartzite, while the perimeter counters are Caesarstone in Pure White. For the backsplash, the designer selected Clayhaus Ceramics. The vent hood is an insert inside the cabinet from Miele. Island light fixture is by Tech Lighting, while the fixture above the breakfast nook is the Coral Kitset Pendant by David Trubridge, from Lights Fantastic. Wall paint is Dover White SW 6385 – Sherwin-Williams. The flooring is an engineered European white Oak from Luma Hardwoods. (via Christen Ales Interior Design)
25. The beautiful kitchen backsplash is glass tile, “island stone palms series” in the “spring” color. Countertops are Pental Quartz- Venatino, while the cabinetry is by Executive Cabinets in walnut. The cabinetry hardware is from Atlas in the champagne finish. Bar stools are the Lumisource Trilogy Counter Stool in orange and walnut. Light fixtures over the island are the Arteriors Ziggy wide pendant 13″. The floor tile is Pan American ceramics Approach grey hexagon. (via Savvy Kitchens)